Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Can You Say Bling Bling!

Saturday Moring, March, 29th, 2008!

Well, even though it's not going to take place for 1 to 2 years. Last saturday while, my mom, christopher's mom, me, and chris's 2 younger brother's, Cody-12, & Carol-16, we had such a blast. We arrived around 1ish Chicago, Illinois time, which is 1 hour behind us Ohio time people. We saw Chris laster Friday night for about 1 hour, and then he had class that night later on. Saturday morning, my mom and I drove just across the street, well we drove on the base were our hotl the Navy Lodge was and it's on the base. Anywayz, we went to get chris around 7 a.m. so he could stay in the hotel room with his brother's, and his mom and me, and my mom, two separtes room's, of course, lol. Well,sunday we came home sunday night. It was so awesome. Well, Chris had me sign him out so, when he came to get me at the vistiors parking lot, him and I walked back I mean, we walked about 1 mile or so, not kinding, to his ship, really a building, that since he's in the Navy they call it a ship. I signed him out, and then he told me that we had to go get my favorite pop "Green River", only found in Indiana, and in Illnois grocery store's, from one of his other lds navy buddy's, they were holding it for Chris, to give to me. Well, we walked down a hill and then up a hill. I call it a mountiain, it's very steep and very long. LOL! Well, on the way to his "buddy's place", he told me "Emilee, my foot hurts, I need to fix my show." So, he said " Let me stop here, (and here is by Lake Michigan, on the base,) and sit down on this bench". I said, "Ok, but I'm standing here on the side walk, i'm not getting my shoe's all muddy." (which it wasn't even that muddy, just a very tiny little bit). LOL! So, Chris walked over ot hte bench and finally asked me a couple of times to come over, and I gave in. I walked over to him, and he got down on his knee, and pulled out the most beautiful ring, I have ever seen in my life. I said , I knew it I knew is. LOL! I took the inrg nad put it on , and he fially said. "So, yes or no". Of course I said "Yes!'" My mom and dad of course because he asked their permission, knew about it, and as his family and most of my family knew about it. Later on, on saturday evening, we went into Chicago, Illinois, dowtown. Amazing, the water tower, we went to Tiffany's, American Girl Doll, Place, Hersey's, Apple Store, Disney Store, and Bagotie, Fererai, And More Car's Store, and etc. It was awesome! Well, until later!

~*Em!*~

7 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Wow... Congratulations! If you all are happy, then so am I! I can't wait to hear more!

Kelly said...

That is a great story, Emilee! I am happy for you- hope to see you Sunday!

Suzanne said...

I can't believe you didn't say anything on the phone yesterday. Congratulations. I'm anxious to hear more about it.

Home Management Group said...

WOW! I want to see the ring. (This is Bonnie, by the way.)

Emilee said...

Thanks! Everyone!

everyday katie said...

I heard rumors that you were already kinda engaged. I can't even believe it's for real. I remember when you were my beehive. I wish I got to know him when i was still out there. I want you to know I'm still expecting an invitation, even though I probably can't make it. After all our lessons on marriage and all the dances we've been to together (not together together, but you know...), I think I deserve an invite!

Congrats! I hope he treats you well.

I'm grateful for blogs so I can stay updated with the latest Emilee news. I need you to do a post on all the millions of things you love about him...even the little quirky details. I don't know him AT ALL. That will help me get to know him better.

Have fun with the wedding plans. 1-2 years is a long engagement (but probably best). So good luck and behave!

Autumn said...

What a ring!! I'm sure it was a fun trip. I agree with Katie, you need to post lots of details about him. Give us the goods.