Sunday, October 5, 2008

Life is crazy, but the best!

Well, as some of you may know, Chris and I called off our engagement for good this time, and it's really all for the best. I have just not been happy lately, and I know that breaking it off was really for the best. I needed to live my life, and he really needs someone who is in the same city he's in, and who really cares for him and can give him, what I can not give him. I feel bad, but I think that it was just time to go on with my life, and I am so happy. I do however hope that in the time to come, we can eventually be friends again. Well, I will update you later, have a great week and rest of the weekend!

~*Em!*~

7 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear! But, hopefully like you said, it will be for the best. I really do want the best for you- whatever that is!!!

Kelly said...

I had no idea, Emilee- I am sorry to hear that. I know you know what is best- and you will find the type of eternal love when the time is right. Sorry, and I hope you two can be friends someday, too. Take care!

Suzanne said...

I had no idea either. I know how hard that is but you are the only one that knows what is right for you. I'm so proud of you for making that decision as difficult as it may have been. Your eternal love is out there preparing himself for you. When you are both ready the Lord will prepare the way. You are a wonderful person and I'm sure with time you and Chris can be friends again. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying life. You are only young once:)

The Koenig Family said...

So sorry to hear about that. That had to be tough, but you know you did what is best for you. I've seen too many people not have the courage to break off an engagement when they felt they should, and it ended ugly. I'm proud of you for doing what you felt to be right. Love ya!
Kelly

everyday katie said...

I know first hand how hard that is. I broke off an engagement once. (before Spencer, obviously.) It is hard to make that decision, actually follow through AND to move on with life. It was a very mature decision. I have no doubt you will be blessed for it if you're doing what you feel is right. Good luck through this trial. I'm sure you'll come out stronger.

Autumn said...

If you're glad, I'm glad. You do have so much ahead of you. As a freshmen in college I was pretty certain I'd marry Jake but still had SO much I wanted to do before getting married. I'm glad it worked that way for me and I'm certain you'll feel the same way. Thanks for the update-I figured from your facebook pictur but hadn't heard.

Home Management Group said...

Sorry for the heartache, but when it ain't right, it ain't right! (Been there, done that.)